3.02.2008

Adapt And Overcome

In yesterday's episode, we were left with the inconclusive ending where my friend and I decided to go back to Roppongi, on a quiet Sunday night, as opposed to sitting in our hotel room.

I dropped all expectations, played it the same way he was, and I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the funnest nights we've had here. We went on a junior bar crawl, hitting one dead nightspot after another, getting a drink here and there. I chatted up some of the guys who worked in these bars, and they were cool as hell.

That's the upside of Roppongi, is all the English speaking people, it helps a lot. So no matter what, we've always got that. With that baseline established, the rest of the trip is golden and about where it needs to be for one important reason:

I'm on vacation, NOT in Iraq. Better bear that in mind at all times and act accordingly, whether we're club crawling or TV watching or bullshitting or getting more lost and dizzy than Cameron Diaz, being bombarded with lights and sounds and all things Holy Shit.

"What do you want to do today man?"

"I don't care. Let's go get lost again."

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    exactly...

    Ha, glad I got to read both your latest posts back to back so you didn't leave me hanging, worrying about you not enjoying your leave.

    lylas

    jack
    Anonymous said...
    You learn fast, Suspect!
    themorethingschange... said...
    probably helps to be sober...just sayin'

    sounds like the madness of before is behind you...

    chatting up the "real" people instead of the bar gang seems to be
    working for you...

    also had a thought about cities--if you two were walking down the street in New York would people acknowledge your greetings? don't know, just wondering...

    ~P~
    Anonymous said...
    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
    Anonymous said...
    good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices seeking the boots were around 320 pounds everwhere. But definitively I found this area selling them for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what do you think?
    Anonymous said...
    good morning everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices seeking the boots are all over 330 dollars everwhere. But completely I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what can you say about it?

Post a Comment